Thank you for participating in our campaign to select the names for features on Pluto and Charon.
This campaign is being coordinated by the SETI Institute and by Dr. Mark Showalter, a member of the New Horizons Science Team. The campaign has been developed in consultation with the New Horizons Project and with the International Astronomical Union (IAU). The IAU will have final say over how the selected names are used on Pluto and Charon.
See the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) for more information about this campaign and about the naming process.
Participating in this poll, by voting, nominating or entering a comment, constitutes your express acceptance of the following conditions:
1. No prizes, awards, or any other type of recognition will be given to any participant.
2. You may vote multiple times, but no more than once per day.
3. We reserve the right to curtail abusive activity, including but not limited to, automated voting, denial of service attempts, disrupting, harming, tampering with, or maliciously interfering with our web sites.
4. The poll is open to anyone. No registration is required in order to participate.
5. We will not collect personally-identifiable or private information associated with any participant. Personally identifiable information will be scrubbed from any submission.
6. SETI Institute has sole right to determine which nominations are added to the ballot, and which submitted comments appear in the discussion forum.
7. The New Horizons Team will take into consideration the results of the voting, but these results are not binding on the team.
8. If a name is under discussion on this site, that does not imply that it has been or will be approved by either the team or the IAU.
9. This web site and all of the materials on or referenced by this web site are provided on an "as is" basis. In no event shall the SETI Institute or any of its personnel be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, punitive, or consequential damages of any kind whatsoever with respect to the use of this web site. You agree that you are using this web site solely at your own risk.
10. The SETI Institute reserve the right to modify these rules at any time.